About Charron's Auto Repair in Lincoln, IL
Charron’s Auto Repair is a family owned independent auto repair facility that performs quality work at a fair price.
In May of 1972, Ricks father, Arnold Charron opened Logan County Radiator in Lincoln, Il. Rick worked several years for his dad while attending high school. After graduating, Rick proceeded with his career as an automotive technician also working in area repair shops and dealerships. On Jan. 28, 1985, Rick and Carol Charron purchased the family business and later changed the name to Charron’s Auto Repair.
Charron’s currently have a six bay shop and four lifts. We have high tech diagnostic equipment as well as the newest modern technology to help repair the ever changing systems of today’s vehicles.
Our technicians are ASE certified. ASE certified professionals are important to the repair industry. In, 1997 Charron’s Auto Repair were asked to join Napa Auto Care. Napa Auto Care is an organization of accredited shops that have met qualifications such as community reputations, integrity, and expertise in the automotive field.
We also take pride in recognizing other vendors and products that we use, such as, Napa, Jasper Engines and Transmissions, Interstate Batteries, O’Reilly Auto Parts.
Charron’s Auto Repair is/are proud to help sponsor local events for our community such as, participating in the Lincoln Christmas Parade, Lincoln Balloon Fest Activities, Relay for Life, Spring YMCA Youth Soccer programs, Women’s Summer Softball Teams, The community Halloween Fun Night, Intrepid Fall Hero Program, Car Care month, Recycling of used oil and Battery pick up programs and Local College Student Welcome Night.
Meet the Team
Rick Charron- Owner
- Years in field: 42
- Lives in Lincoln, IL with his wife Carol
- How did you get started? His dad (Arnie) was mechanic and Rick was always intrigued by watching him complete projects
- Influenced by his father to continue in the field
- Years with company: 35
- Hobbies: old classic cars(grandkids ride in papa's "ice cream car") 1964 Olds Cutlass convertible
- Changes in field: Advancement in electronics and computer controlled systems
- Favorite repair: Diagnostics- satisfaction of solving electrical problems
Carol Charron- Owner/Office Manager
- Years in field/worked at Charron's: 25
- Lives in Lincoln, IL with her husband Rick married for 38 years, mother of 3 and grandmother of 10
- Hobbies: Carol enjoys working part time at a local flower shop as a floral designer. She also enjoys doing crafts, listening to music and spending time with her family.
Erica Maynard- Office Assistant
- Years in field: 10
- Lives in Lincoln, IL with husband Josh and 4 children
- Started working at Charrons 10 years ago to help parents with Marketing/Promotion
- Hobbies: womens slow pitch softball and any activities with her children
Pat Gorman- Service Writer
- Years in field: 34
- Lives in Clinton, IL with his girlfriend Lori and their 3 dogs
- Started working in the aftermarket parts business and found he enjoyed service writing
- He was influenced by his father to begin in the field.
- Has been with Charron's for 8 years
- Hobbies: Bowling, golf, yard work
- Things he enjoys most about his job: interacting with the customer
Terry Miller- Certified ASE Technician
- Years in field: 20
- Lives in Lincoln, IL with his wife and 3 sons
- Got started in the business by watching and learning from his Grandfather. Took Auto mechanics in High School and yearly participates in ASE testing to further is knowledge.
- Has been with Charron's for 9 years
- Hobbies: Dirt Racing, Bowling and plays bass guitar in a local band
- In the past 20 years he has seen huge strides in computers and technology used to diagnosis cars
- Favorite repairs: brakes and suspension
Brandon Miller- Technician Assistant
- Years in field: 2
- Lives in Lincoln, Il with his girlfriend Jennifer and their first child on the way
- Was influenced my his father Terry to start working in auto repair.
- Has been with Charron's for 2 years
- Hobbies: Demolition derby's, fishing, bowling and dirt racing
- Favorite repairs: all